Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 celery stalks, ends removed and diced
White part of 1 leek, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, skin removed and thinly sliced
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon dried rosemary
1.8 kg Kent pumpkin, skin and seeds removed and diced
1.1kg sweet potato, peeled and diced
500mL vegetable or chicken stock
1. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or large saucepan. Add the leeks and celery and sauté until the leeks begin to soften.
2. Add the garlic and dried herbs and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add the pumpkin, sweet potato, and stock to the pot and stir to combine. Place the lid onto the pan and bring it to a boil. Once boiling reduce to a gentle simmer. Simmer until all of the pumpkin and sweet potato are soft and tender. At this point, remove the pan from the heat.
4. Carefully use an immersion blender to blend the soup in the pot. Alternatively, carefully transfer to a heatproof blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve hot with your favourite bread and a drizzle of sour cream.