The addition of red lentils adds depth and bulk to the texture, and it is packed wth essential nutrients including protein and non-heme iron to ensure your little get the quality ingredients they need at this time of year. Simply add some steamed rice and enjoy!
- 1 leek, washed, chopped
- 1 knob ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely grated
- 1/2 cauliflower head, roughly chopped
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled, chopped 3cm pieces
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils, washed
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 x 300g can coconut cream
Heat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large sauté pan and add the leek. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until lightly golden and translucent.
Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients except coconut cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
Stir through coconut cream and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Tip: Serve with rice or naan bread, extra coconut cream, fresh herbs and a squeeze of lemon juice for extra flavour.