Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Makes: approximately 20 cookies
¾ cup buckwheat flour
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup tapioca starch
½ cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut nectar syrup
¼ cup macadamia oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Sieve the buckwheat flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and ginger into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combined.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut nectar syrup and macadamia oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of buckwheat flour onto a clean benchtop and onto a rolling pin. Turn gingerbread dough out onto benchtop and pat into a ball. Roll the mixture out until it is about ¼ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut into desired shapes and place onto a baking paper lined baking tray.
- Roll remaining mixture into a ball and repeat the previous step until all mixture has been cut into cookies. Be sure to re-flour the benchtop and rolling pin each time you roll out the dough.
- Place the trays of cookies into oven and bake for 11-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before eating and decorating. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.