Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 ½ cups plain gluten free flour
½ cup coconut sugar, or brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
2 tablespoons flax meal
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Either grease a muffin tin with butter or olive oil or line a muffin tin with cupcake/muffin papers.
3. Sieve spelt flour, mixed spice and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the almond meal and coconut sugar and whisk to combine.
4. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the mashed banana, oil, vanilla extract and eggs.
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Mix until just combined.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin tin or cupcake papers. Use a spoon to neaten the tops of the muffins and then place into the oven.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when pushed into the centre of a muffin.
8. Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.