Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 litres of chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon rosemary, dried
- ½ teaspoon sea Salt
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of noodles or pasta of choice
- Bring a large Dutch oven or saucepan to medium heat and add the olive oil. Add in the diced onions and sauté until translucent. Add the diced carrots and celery, sauteing for another minute or so.
- Stir in the garlic to the pan, sauteing until fragrant. Next add the dried rosemary, diced zucchini, chicken stock, chicken breasts, finely chopped parsley and sea salt. Stir everything together, place the lid on and bring the pot to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked through (this will take about ten minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts).
- Transfer the cooked chicken breasts from the pot onto a chopping board or plate. Use two forks to shred the chicken and then return it to the pan.
- Add the pasta to the pot, stirring to combine. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Spoon the soup into bowls, adding more salt and cracked black pepper to taste. Top with shaved parmesan and serve.