- joint pain after strenuous activities,
- body aches after a long day,
- loss of skin elasticity,
- the appearance of wrinkles,
- fat accumulation around the waist, and
- sudden weight gain.
These indicators of ageing can influence our self-esteem, social, and mental health. Towards the latter part of our middle age, many of us may also experience lethargy, low mood, the decline in endurance, wear-and-tear injuries, poor digestive health, and weak immunity.
- preventive nutrition,
- consumption of nutrient-dense foods,
- maintaining healthy body weight,
- avoiding smoking or alcohol consumption,
- regular physical activities,
- healthy social integration, and
- employing positive psychology.
We are what we eat! Preventive nutrition is always regarded as the cornerstone to promote wellness and reduce signs of ageing and diseases. We should include nutrient-dense foods, which delivers the optimum amount of carbohydrates, dietary fibre, prebiotics, healthy plant oils, vegan-based proteins, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
According to Singapore’s Health Promotion Board, “chronic diseases, like, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes, are the leading cause of death in Singapore. One of the important ways to prevent and manage such diseases, of course, is through our diet. By changing our eating patterns and consistently making healthy food choices, we can help to reduce our risks of these chronic diseases.” Our diet is high in saturated fat, sodium, cholesterol, and empty calories, while low in fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
- leafy greens (e.g., spinach and broccoli)
- vegetables (e.g., mushrooms and capsicum)
- fruits (e.g., berries and citrus fruits)
- whole grains (e.g., low glycemic index brown basmati rice and quinoa)
- oily fish (e.g., salmon and sardines)
- low-fat dairy products (e.g., low fat yogurt and skimmed milk)
- lean meats (e.g., chicken breast)
Nature One Dairy ActivePro Complete Nutrition Formula is also an example of a nutrient-dense and complete nutrition beverage, which has a good balance of healthy plant oils, plant-based proteins, carbohydrates, prebiotics, fibre, and micronutrients. Unlike dairy and cereal-based formulas, ActivePro is lactose-free and gluten-free that is suitable for lactose intolerant consumers who might experience cramps, flatulence, and bloating after having dairy beverage. ActivePro formula is designed to supplement your everyday diet by providing the following benefits:
- Gives a healthy skin, hair, and brain (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and biotin)
- Helps convert food into energy (pantothenic acid)
- Aids in lowering homocysteine and may reduce the risk of heart disease (pyridoxine, folic acid, and cobalamin)
- Acts as an antioxidant by neutralizing unstable molecules (vitamin C, vitamin E, and selenium)
- Builds and strengthens bones (vitamin D, calcium, fluoride, magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus)
- Builds a strong immune system (zinc)
ActivePro also contains fructooligosaccharides that stimulate the bifidobacteria, resulting in a significant increase of the beneficial bacteria in our intestinal tract. At the same time, the presence of less desirable bacteria is significantly reduced.
ActivePro Complete Nutrition Formula can be found in major supermarket chains including selected stores at Giant, Cold Storage, National HealthCare Pharmacy Group Polyclinics, Prime, Sheng Siong and online on Lazada and Shopee.
Sign up here to redeem FREE sample sachet for ActivePro Complete Nutrition Formula today.