Prep time: 15 minutes
Set time: 1 hour
- ½ cup honey
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, extra virgin
- 1 cup puffed rice
- ½ cup rice bran straws
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the puffed rice, rice bran straws, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and pepitas to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- To a medium-sized saucepan add the honey and coconut oil. Whisk to combine and bring to a medium heat. Once the honey starts bubbling, whisk again.
- When the honey mixture turns a slightly dark golden brown color, remove it from the heat.
- Pour the honey mixture into the dry mixture and stir well to combine. Pour the mixture out into the lined slice pan and press down firmly with an egg flip.
- Place the slice tin into the refrigerator to set for 1 hour. Once firm, remove from the refrigerator and slice into 16 slices.
Store the slice in the refrigerator in an airtight container. This slice is best eaten within 30 minutes of taking it out of the refrigerator.